James Palmer is the Mayor of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority and one of the two public servants on the Business Board who do not have any voting rights.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Leadership of the Combined Authority
- Overarching responsibility for developing and implementing the strategic direction of the Combined Authority and its policies, strategies and effective governance
- Engagement with Government Ministers and Departments
- Public sector reform
- Ambassador for Cambridgeshire & Peterborough to secure inward investment
- Future devolution deals including securing new powers and associated budget responsibilities for the Combined Authority
- The Mayor also holds the portfolio for New Homes and Communities.
Register of Interests