We need two dynamic, creative and motivated communicators who can source, develop and deliver outstanding content to a range of audiences.
Communications Officer (x2)
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £34,788 - £38,813
Closing Date: May 8, 2019
Hours: Full Time
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority has a bold, ambitious and transformational agenda which brings a fantastic opportunity to craft compelling communications through a range of channels and media.
The Communications Officer will work within the External Communications team to raise awareness and the profile of the ongoing work, priorities and strategic agenda of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, the Business Board, and the elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Working within the political office of the Elected Mayor, the successful applicant will:-
- Work with the Communications Manager to help deliver the external communications strategy.
- Handle all aspects of external communications. Examples include preparing press releases, planning and delivering communications campaigns, creating social media content and building relationships with media and other external stakeholders and partners. Reviewing and evaluating will also be a key part of the role.
- Work closely with Combined Authority and Business Board officers, and within the Mayor’s Office, to seek and foster opportunities for communications which will help deliver the communications strategy.
- Be comfortable working to tight deadlines and monitoring the news and other media to provide proactive and reactive communications and content in a timely manner.
- Work within a political environment where the communications officer will demonstrate political awareness in all aspects of the role.
- Be encouraged to demonstrate their creative thinking, ideas sharing and proactive planning to come up with outstanding communications content.
To deliver on this complex, challenging, stimulating and rewarding role, we need a candidate who has:-
- Several years’ experience in PR, communications or journalism. A professional qualification in one of these areas would be a significant advantage.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to produce clear, accurate and engaging content across a range of media.
- A track record of delivering high quality content under the pressure of deadlines and to work flexibly with demands.
- Experience of building relationships with the media, and an ability to promote content to them to secure coverage. Or, if working in the media, to have experience of building relationships with key contacts to deliver compelling content.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding how to create content to suit a range of media, including print and online, social media, digital and other communications channels.
- A reputation for being a self-starter, and someone who has a record of creativity and turning ideas into opportunities for compelling content or communications. They will have experience of planning, undertaking and evaluating communications strategies.
- Experience of engagement with politics and politicians, either nationally or locally, would be an advantage.
In return we are offering a highly competitive salary, opportunities for flexible working and entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme. This will be a challenging, stimulating and rewarding role for a candidate who thrives when combining being a self-starter and taking ownership of their own projects, while also being part of a team effort.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited to this role to by May 8 to email@example.com