Health and Care Sector Work Academy
The Health and Care Sector Work Academy is a Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority project supporting residents to gain a career in health and care or for those already employed in the sector, to develop skills to progress to the next level/ With almost 14,000 vacancies in a wide variety of roles within Health and Care in our area, a career in the sector is within reach.
With 75 years' experience delivering high quality courses and supporting adults into work, City College Peterborough is delivering the £5.2m Department for Work and Pensions funded Academy through its dedicated team who will provide free, high quality, expert advice and support. Over 3 years the Academy's aims to train 2100 people through entry level training, intermediate qualifications and apprenticeship and provide a pipeline of employees to sector based employers.
Our offer includes:
- FREE training to help Cambridgeshire and Peterborough residents to gain skills, knowledge and qualifications to get a job in the sector
- Delivery of Apprenticeships ranging from early entry level through to management
- Courses delivered in local communities at times that enable learners to attend
- Funding for travel assistance or for child care and carers
- FREE training in English and Maths contextualised to the sector
- FREE initial assessment to help potential candidates to decide if the Academy is right for them
- FREE mentoring to help learners start or progress in the career in health and care
- Engagement with local health and care employers to ensure each course meets local needs and provide an opportunity to meet learners
- FREE mini Training Needs Analysis for each sector-based employer in the area
- FREE job match
The Academy Exceptional Service Standard
- We will respond to all enquiries either via email or telephone within three working days
- We will communicate and update regularly all information requires for a successful outcome
- We will deliver expert support concerning Safeguarding and Prevent Responsibilities
- We will assign a dedicated Tutor for all learners within one working day of enrolment, who will provide support to the learner throughout their training
- Induction onto the programme will be within five working days
- We will provide individual learner mentoring support for up to four months post course/apprenticeship to support progression onto higher level course, apprenticeship or employment and assist sustainment of employment within the health and care sector
- Where eligible, we will provide bursary support to individuals to help remove barriers to attending Academy training
- Regular progress reviews will be held with both the employer and the learner (where applicable)
- Face to face and remote support will be provided throughout the whole of the employer and learner journey (where applicable)
- We will work with local sector employers to ensure individual courses meet local need
- If you are not satisfied with the service you have received, we will acknowledge all complaints within 5 working days and aim to resolve within 10 working days
Our Customer Care Promise
- We will be honest and objective in our delivery of a high-quality service offer
- We will regularly review and evaluate our standard by consulting with employers and learners for feedback through our questionnaires at regular intervals
- We will embed the ethos of "exceptional customer service"
Please find below the monthly Health and Care Sector Work Academy's Newsletters.