Strategy and Sponsorship Director
Salary Range: Competitive
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 11th October 2020
Cambridgeshire Autonomous Metro (CAM)
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is the Transport Authority responsible for transport planning and public transport. It brings together the councils of the area and is led by the elected mayor.
The vision is for an expansive metro-style network that seamlessly connects regional settlements, major city fringe employment sites and key satellite growth areas across the region with key railway station and Cambridge city centre, helping to nurture and sustain long-term regional economic growth. CAM is currently expected to use a technologically advanced, sustainable, highly flexibility trackless electric vehicle.
Why join us?
The appointments are based solely on merit creating an environment where businesses flourish by sharing the ambitions of the Combined Authority. You will have the opportunity to personally make a tangible difference to our area and the economy on a local, national and international stage.
The Strategy and Sponsorship Director will set the strategy for CAM, ensure the programme benefits are realised and guide CAM through the required regulatory process, whilst translating the SPV’s vision and Business Plan into an actionable strategy for Strategy and Sponsorship. The Strategy and Sponsorship Director will also be responsible for developing the Business Plan on an annual basis and driving the implementation.
- Be responsible for overall SPV performance relating to Strategy & Sponsorship
- Support policy development for the SPV and the delivery of CAM where required
- Own the business case process for CAM, including the OBS and FBC and co-ordinating the regulatory process
- Act as the Sponsor, through setting requirements for the CAM system, defining the level of innovation and assuring benefit realisation outlined in the business
- Act as the internal and external advocate for the programme and lead CAM’s engagement with relevant stakeholders
- Influence the wider industry to further the interests and performance of CAM
- Protect the organisation through design, implementation and adherence to policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant internal and external requirements
- Provide visible leadership by role modelling SPV’s values and behaviours and best practice with a focus on innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement
- Create a high-performance culture through effective performance management
A full job description will be made available to applicants invited to interview
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality and we encourage applications from all sections of society.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please contact Jon Boyle on CAM@redgravepartners.com.
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.