- Location: Home / Huntingdon based office
- Contract: Fixed Term Contract (until 31 March 2025)
- Salary Range: £42,503
- Hours: Full Time
- Closing Date: 3rd February 2023
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
To support the delivery of the Combined Authority and Business Board portfolio of interventions invested in economic growth, place-making and innovation to deliver the CPCA’s ambition for inclusive growth and the levelling-up of the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough economy.
- To provide support to the Combined Authority Business team in delivery of the current and future portfolio of Inclusive Growth activities, initiatives and programmes. This includes the following:
- To support the work on creating and delivering the Implementation plan for the newly adopted Combined Authority Economic Growth Strategy, and the associated Business Board Priority Sector Strategies.
- To provide operational support on the delivery of the £13million UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) and Rural England Prosperity Fund (REPF) Programme to drive forward contractual outputs and to improve business support provision outcomes across Cambridgeshire & Peterborough.
- To support the development of the Combined Authorities towns and villages, through the successful completion, of the UKSPF and REPF Programme.
- To support and maintain the reporting of the monitoring data from all the CPCA’s Business Board strategic funds activities.
- To support delivery of Cross-Directorate Place and Sector Programmes as required working with project teams consisting of members from economy, transport and place directorates, plus external partners such as those involved in sector activities.
- To provide project and operational support to the Senior Business Programmes Manager and Interim Associate Director Business, plus Chair and Members of the Business Board in managing a broad portfolio of programmes, activities and initiatives. These include existing programmes as listed but will extend to new programmes as determined by the delivery of the inclusive Economic Growth activities and the work of the CPCA Growth Directorate.
- To support the roll out and completion of the £13M UKSPF and REPF Programme across all Districts of CPCA. Including operational support to the CPCA strategic investments in support of the other funding streams such as Market Towns programmes.
- Provide operational support to delivery of the interlinked Programmes to the UKSPF and REPF on the regeneration of key city centre sites in line with the Government approved business cases.
- Provide support to the management of the 4 District REPF Programme, plus supporting the Districts awarding process for grants within CPCA
- Support delivery of the cross Directorate and Sector Growth Programmes across the wider CPCA including transport, economic and place directorates.
- Coordinate and lead the reporting and monitoring function across the Business Board led strategic funded programmes and the UKSPF and REPF.
- Provide Programme support across the team in support of new programmes awarded to the Combined Authority, Business Board and/or Business and Skills Directorate, this might include support for Business case development, bidding and applications, project set-up and mobilisation, contracting, procurement and project management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Help coordinate officer production of update briefings, papers for the Business Board, as well as compliance with CPCA Assurance Framework around programmes and projects.
- Support the team to manage LA officer, LA CEO, CA leader and business community consultation for economic, sector and the strategies and programme delivery performance.
Working across a range of public and private partnerships to undertake these responsibilities, including specifically:
- Business Board (and LEP Networks)
- Combined Authority Board
- Business Advisory Panel (BAP)
- UKSPF Programme – Project/programme boards for example the Cambridgeshire Public Services Board (CPSB)
- Rural England Prosperity Fund – Programme boards (for the 4 Districts of Fenland, East Cambridgeshire, South Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire)
- Business networks and individual businesses
Core Officer Responsibilities
- Contribution to Programme Policy and Strategy Development
- Programme Support and Delivery Assurance
- Financial and budget reporting of project and programme portfolio
- Contribution to Directorate operational function
- Active engagement in appropriate partnerships and networks on behalf of the Combined Authority
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes. This includes processing sensitive data for the purposes of monitoring the CA’s equality and diversity policy. All personal information held by the CPCA will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please contact Human Resources Department on email@example.com.
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org