- Location: Hybrid - home/Huntingdon based office
- Contract: Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
- Salary Range: £44,428 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Closing Date: 3rd December 2023
The opportunity and context
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Communications Advisor to join our team on a full time, fixed term basis for 12 months. The role comes with a competitive salary starting at £44,428 per annum depending upon experience.
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority works with our local councils, the Business Board (Local Enterprise Partnership), local public services, Government departments and agencies, universities, and businesses to grow the local and national economy.
Our mission is to make life better, healthier, and fairer for all. We strive to serve our community by working cooperatively and leading with compassion. We are aiming for growth – but good growth. We want to close the gap in healthy life expectancy and salaries, increase access to employment and education, protect our environment and boost innovation.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, where people can thrive both as individuals and as part of a brilliant team.
What we need
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a Communications Advisor. The Communications Advisor will work within the Communications team and manage communications and engagement for the Combined Authority, including public relations, marketing, stakeholder engagement and raise the profile of the ongoing portfolio work, priorities and strategic agenda of the Combined Authority and the elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Key responsibilities of our Communications Advisor:
- To promote, enhance and support the work and reputation of the Combined Authority through the provision of intelligent, timely, high-quality communications.
- Create and maintain a strong pipeline of communications opportunities to deliver a sustained flow of positive content across all channels.
- Drafting and editing press releases, briefing papers, speeches, statements and other materials to ensure our strategic priorities are conveyed consistently, cohesively and coherently.
- Work closely with Combined Authority officers, partners and Mayor’s Office, to seek and foster opportunities for communications which will help deliver the communications strategy.
- Be encouraged to demonstrate their creative thinking, ideas sharing and proactive planning to come up with outstanding communications content.
- Develop and deliver communications campaigns that demonstrate the impact of the Combined Authority and the Mayor of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough.
- Regular and accurate reporting of comms work.
What we're looking for
What we are looking for in our Communications Advisor:
- At least two years of experience in PR, communications, public affairs or journalism.
- A track record of delivering high quality content under the pressure of deadlines and to work flexibly with demands.
- A track record of project management of multiple communication projects
- Experience of building relationships with the media, and an ability to promote content to them to secure coverage. Or, if working in the media, to have experience of building relationships with key contacts to deliver compelling content.
- Proven experience of creating, successful digital content and managing social media channels
- Experience in working with external partners.
As part of our commitment to promoting equality and diversity, we invite you to complete our voluntary Equal Opportunities Questionnaire Form. Your participation in this process is entirely optional and will not impact your application in any way. The information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used for internal monitoring purposes. Please click on the link to complete Equal Opportunities Questionnaire Form.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Communications Advisor, then please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org now – We’d love to hear from you!