- Location: Home Based
- Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Salary Range: £50,881
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Closing Date: Open
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Greater South East Net Zero Hub (GSENZH).
The GSENZH was set up in 2018 and is funded by the Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). The GSENZH covers 11 Local Enterprise Partnerships and 136 local authorities in the south east of England.
Our work encompasses several programmes that reduce carbon and bring social and economic benefit.
The Greater South East Net Zero Hub is based within the Business & Skills Energy directorate at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA).
The CPCA is a young organisation, with a potential to make a huge difference to the communities in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire. The Authority is committed to delivering a portfolio of projects aimed at securing major developments and improvements for our residents across key areas including:
- Business & Skills – ensuring that adult learning matches future demand in the community, business, and the economy
- Transport – improving public transport, highways and rail
- Housing – building affordable homes
- Climate change aiming for net zero carbon
The post holder will work closely with 5 other Projects Managers to develop and deliver a prioritised pipeline of regional local energy projects. The role holder will provide energy sector expertise to organisations spanning commercial, industry, public sector and communities which are developing local energy projects. Local Energy projects include, decentralised energy generation, energy infrastructure and decarbonisation of heat and transport.
The role holder will undertake effective stakeholder management with public, private and third sector organisations, industry bodies, government and government agencies to build effective relationships and regional networks to drive growth and capacity in the net zero sector.
Role: Energy Efficiency Programme Manager
Reports to: Regional Head GSENZH
To be the programme lead for domestic energy efficiency across the Greater South East Net Zero Hub. To manage the performance and plan for the successful delivery of energy efficiency and decarbonisation of heat programmes. To lead the project delivery team and support the development of local supply chains, project pipelines and business models to enable local authorities to deliver energy efficiency at scale across the Hub region.
The role holder will undertake effective stakeholder management with internal and external strategic directors and senior managers, interpreting strategic visions into a coherent local programme of domestic retrofit projects covering the eleven Local Enterprise Partnerships that comprise the Greater South East Local Net Zero Hub.
- Responsible for the GSENZH Energy Efficiency Team Manager, Supply Chain Manager and contractors.
- Responsible for planning, structuring, leading and direction of domestic retrofit (energy efficiency and heat decarbonisation) programme of work.
- Define programme/projects scope, identify resource requirement internally and outsourced (framework partners and consultants, where and when required), ensuring deadlines are understood and adhered to and that the programme objectives are clearly articulated and understood.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities to manage and implement projects from proposal to project closure; plans, schedules, monitors and reports on activities related to the programme.
- Maintain control of the programme scope through an effective change control process, consulting with key stakeholders as needed, and ensuring that all project documentation is managed effectively, including effective record keeping and version control.
- Leading the delivery team undertaking full programme management duties as required, including the production of high-quality documentation, e.g. programme definition documents, blueprints and business case, programme and project initiation documents, project and programme plans, stage assessments, progress/exception reports.
- Responsible for accurate and timely programme performance reporting, project delivery monitoring and accurate monthly reporting between projects, government delivery partners and key stakeholders.
- Manage programme risks, mitigation and contingency planning, communicating clearly with senior decision-making stakeholders.
- Manage programme related boards and other senior management across the retrofit projects and programme.
- Maintain regular communication with all programme related interested parties within local, strategic and national partners as appropriate.
- Play a key strategic role in establishing a shared understanding and commitment across the stakeholders of Greater South East Net Zero Hub of our vision, ambition and aims
- Support the development and implementation of procurement strategies for delivery partners and the retrofit supply chain.
- Report and present recommendations to the Local Net Zero Hub Board, including proposals for business models and interventions in the able to pay markets and the private rented sector to stimulate significant private investment in homes energy efficiency.
Key working relationships
- Council partners and partnerships
- Social housing providers, private landlords
- Retrofit delivery organisations
- Industry bodies
- Other Members of the Combined Authority
- Senior Officers and Members of the Constituent Bodies
- LEP, Council and other stakeholders in the Greater South East Hub area
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Proven programme management experience successfully managed and delivered complex and high value projects and programmes.
- Experience of mentoring project staff
- Proven experience in planning, communication and presentation, proficient in project quality management
- Experience of deployment of resources, including reassessment and reallocation in a dynamic environment, to achieve optimum results.
- Assess and evaluates risk
- Experience of methods and techniques for reporting progress and financial compliance against an agreed plan
- Experience of contract management
- Experience of working with senior management and a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of developing and managing a team.
- Experience of developing and delivering home energy efficiency programmes
- Knowledge of the construction sector and domestic energy schemes
- Understanding of the retrofit supply chain
- Knowledge of administration of grant funding programmes
- Knowledge of domestic energy efficiency retrofit measures, heat decarbonisation and quality standards
- Knowledge of procurement
- Public Sector experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Capability in performance analysis and management
- Good written and oral presentation skills with ability to present complex ideas in a comprehensible way.
- Communicates effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Good IT skills (MS Office abilities) and knowledge of a range of IT packages, including performance management and reporting.
- Practitioner certificate in PRINCE2 or equivalent project management qualification
- Business case development and approval skills
- The post-holder is expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion at all times during the course of their work.
- The post-holder must comply with the Council’s Health and Safety requirements.
The post-holder will be required to work from a variety of locations within the Greater South East Hub area including Cambridgeshire & Peterborough region. There will also be a requirement to travel out of the region.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com