- Location: Home / Huntingdon based office
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary Range: £27,852 - £28,370
- Hours: Full Time
- Closing Date: 31st January 2023
Job Summary & Key Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority.
To support the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) with performance management both corporately and across targeted parts of the organisation.
Undertaking regular reporting of performance against our corporate strategy as well as against our specific service plans. The post holder will also support the organisation to develop a mature approach to performance management, tracking the achievement of outputs and outcomes against a range of funds, programmes and projects.
- Working as part of a team, provide performance analysis on a range of output and outcome indicators to support the monitoring of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) strategic plans.
- To work with policy colleagues to design future performance management arrangement for strategic plans, including exploring and proposing new indicators.
- To assess available data and information sources for the measurement of performance and identify improvements. To work together with colleagues and partner organisations to ensure that performance management data is available and subject to continuous improvement.
- Providing accurate, timely, consistent reports and visualisations of performance data using committee reports and interactive dashboards. To work flexibly across the organisation to maintain a golden thread of performance management for a range of topic areas including transport and travel, natural environment, planning and housing as well as understanding strategic issues such as economic and health and well-being trends.
- To communicate performance in the form of report writing, presentations, blogs, infographics and other communication methods.
- To support the Analysis and Evaluation Manager with performance analysis to inform the CPCAs five year gateway review with central government.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BSc)
- GCSE – At least a grade C in both English and Maths
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BSc) in a relevant subject such as Human Geography, Public Policy, Land and Movement Planning or related disciplines. Alternatively, a degree subject with significant analysis or statistical elements of study.
- Highly proficient in the use of Information Technology for performance reporting for example using MS Excel (or similar) Power BI (or similar) and statistical packages such as SPSS (or similar)
- Sound analytical capability with a good level of numeracy including knowledge of statistical analysis
- Ability to work with others and contribute analysis that supports team members to develop policy and strategy
- Ability to embrace opportunities to work together build rapport with colleagues
- Ability to work independently on set tasks, to an agreed deadline
- Can plan workload based on colleagues and customer need, working collaboratively to deliver analysis to time and specification
- Ability to work with others recognising the diverse needs of customers and colleagues. Can identify and implement improvement to analysis and performance reporting based on feedback and self-reflection
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, data, visualisation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in developing interactive dashboards for performance reporting
- Knowledge of national (e.g. Office of National Statistics) and local datasets of relevance to policy development for the CPCA including economic, demographic, housing, transport and travel, skills and other datasets
- Previous experience of performance management in a practical work setting.
- Experience of preparing reports and presentations of analysis or research for a variety of audiences including peer group or more senior colleagues.
- Evidence of communication skills including previous experience of report writing, data visualisation and giving presentations.
- Experience of managing and collaborating on projects, of which analysis forms a part, across and within own organisation and across other agencies.
- Experience of carrying out performance management in a policy / public sector / local government context
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes. This includes processing sensitive data for the purposes of monitoring the CA’s equality and diversity policy. All personal information held by the CPCA will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please contact Human Resources Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to email@example.com