- Location: Hybrid - Home/Huntingdon based office
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary Range: £36,648 - £40,220 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Closing Date: 26th February 2024
The opportunity and context
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is currently looking to hire a Procurement and Contracts Officer with experience in matters related to public transport. While the primary focus of this role will be on public transport, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to handle procurement for other subject matters. The position is full-time and permanent, offering a competitive salary ranging from £36,648 to £40,220 per annum, depending on experience.
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority works with our local councils, the Business Board (Local Enterprise Partnership), local public services, Government departments and agencies, universities, and businesses to grow the local and national economy.
Our mission is to make life better, healthier, and fairer for all. We strive to serve our community by working cooperatively and leading with compassion. We are aiming for growth – but good growth. We want to close the gap in healthy life expectancy and salaries, increase access to employment and education, protect our environment and boost innovation.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, where people can thrive both as individuals and as part of a brilliant team.
What we need
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a Procurement and Contracts Officer to work as part of the Procurement and Contracting team, supporting the wider organisation in meeting their procurement requirements, and to support the Procurement and Contracting Manager with complex procurements. To ensure all procurement processes are delivered in compliance with the Contract Procedure Rules, of the Combined Authority, wider legislation, and transparency requirements.
Key responsibilities of our Procurement and Contracting Officer:
- To provide effective procurement and contracting advice and provide support throughout whole life of the contracting process, individually, and with the supervision of the Procurement & Contracting Manager for complex procurements.
- To provide and advise on the use of procurement templates, appointment and evaluation criteria, procurement timetables, and the provision of procurement documentation, with the support of legal advisors in relation to contract documentation etc.
- To provide practical support in identifying available and suitable routes to market, including framework agreements, and supporting officers in the completion of appropriate documentation, including specification, and managing the procurement process, including mini competitions in the context of framework agreements.
- To support officers with completing all procurement-related reports, including (but not limited to); exemptions, contract variations or extensions and award reports and manage the process of ensuring they are reviewed and agreed by all necessary internal officers or external parties, or supporting on any other process of authorisation. Ensuring that any associated administration or record keeping is carried out.
- To manage and be accountable for the e-tendering portal for all procurements including setting up the project, posting adverts, uploading tender documents, managing the Q&A process, co-ordinating the responses, the issue of notifications, award notices, processing and attaching signed copies of reports and contracts.
- To carry out credit checks and due diligence on all tender process participants or potential direct award companies and liaise with finance and legal on any identified risks before either shortlisting or awarding a contract.
What we're looking for
What we are looking for in our Procurement and Contracting Officer:
- Some experience of procuring contracts under EU and UK Public Contracts legislation
- Knowledgeable of current practices of procurement which is suitable for the public sector.
- Moderate experience of procuring public transport related projects
- Demonstrating professional knowledge and judgement in making decisions
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload, within defined requirements for the role.
- A ‘can do’ attitude to getting things done in a collaborative manner that supports a team working approach.
- Capability to complete tasks before deadlines.
- Good oral and written skills to provide clear and concise messages.
- Knowledge of and ability to use standard IT packages (Microsoft Office and Outlook).
- Insight managing tenders electronically.
- Expertise in procuring public transport contracts.
- Willingness to undertake Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Qualification
- Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent qualification required to undertake CIPS training)
As part of our commitment to promoting equality and diversity, we invite you to complete our voluntary Equal Opportunities Questionnaire Form. Your participation in this process is entirely optional and will not impact your application in any way. The information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used for internal monitoring purposes. Please click on the link to complete Equal Opportunities Questionnaire Form
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Procurement and Contracting Officer then please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org now – We’d love to hear from you!