- Location: Initially from home then hybrid working model
- Contract: Fixed Term Contract to March 2023 with possibility of extension
- Salary Range: £36,370
- Hours: Full Time 37 hours a week (Agile Working)
- Closing Date: 31st May 2022
Job Summary & Key Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business & Skills Directorate at the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority.
To provide support to the Project Manager – Skills Bootcamps and Special Projects in the organisational management and function of the development and delivery of projects in the wider Skills team. This is to include continuous collation, analysis and presentation of Training Provider and Learner data for the duration of the Skills Bootcamps project whilst working closely with the Project Compliance Officer to ensure all project expenditure is accurate, timely and on track with delivery plans.
- Assisting the Project Manager – Skills Bootcamps and Special Projects with the development and implementation of project processes, to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of project operations to include accurate data management and reporting
- Analyse and review performance of all subcontractors to identify barriers and gaps in performance. Work closely with the Project Manager and Project Compliance Officer to develop and provide targeted support to address gaps and remove barriers to service delivery and improve project performance where required
- Work closely with the Project Manager to embed robust systems and processes for contract management, financial and risk management and tracking and reporting on key deliverables to ensure the project budget and reporting requirements (internal and external) are achieved
- Collating, inputting, analysing, maintaining, and presenting data and project records, ensuring appropriate audit trails and evidence meets individual project requirements and deadlines
- Track, monitor and manage project actions against targets, take ownership and management of project issues; undertake follow-up or remedial actions when required
- Raise purchase orders and complete goods received notices via the finance system to ensure the timely confirmation and delivery of goods and services.
Full job description available on request
Behaviours, Qualifications and Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly confident in working with data and financial information
- Proactively address problems and work collaboratively to develop effective solutions to achieve results.
- Able to work under pressure, is resilient and remains calm and focussed.
- Highly organised, well developed time management skills with effective priority setting
- Highly adaptable – to changing circumstances and demands
- Collaborative – works productively with peers, team and others
- Motivated – driven by personal and organisational achievement
- Accurate and clear approach to reporting
- Highly positive approach to work
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Proven track record in providing successful coordination support to projects, preferably those supported with public funding.
- Research and data analysis skills with the ability to create and maintain accurate project records and assimilate information
- Computer Literate
- Advanced experience and knowledge in Excel and data reporting functionality
- Competent at systems and process design and implementation to achieve consistency of practice.
- Knowledge of adult education and skills funding opportunities and requirements
- The ability to work effectively with others as a competent team member and coordinator to achieve project targets
- The ability to work under pressure effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Qualified to A Level or equivalent standard of general education
- Experience of problem-solving and implementing process improvements in a coordination environment.
- Prior experience of working with key external stakeholders
- Experience of government systems & processes
- Experience in partnership and joint working
- Experience of monitoring financial and commercial contracts
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes. This includes processing sensitive data for the purposes of monitoring the CA’s equality and diversity policy. All personal information held by the CPCA will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please contact Beata Ziemiańska HR Advisor 07923 250192 or Martin Jaynes HR Manager on : 07593 452257 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to email@example.com