- Location: Initially working from home as per Government guidance / Permanent location Huntingdon
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary Range: £27,041
- Hours: Full Time
- Closing Date: 22nd May 2022
Job Summary & Key Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business & Skills Directorate at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
- To support with the organisational management and function of the Local Growth Fund, plus any additional strategic funding including UK Shared Prosperity Funding, Levelling Up Funding and the CPCA recycled funding streams.
- To support the team by facilitating the efficient, compliant functioning of new and existing Strategic Funds the CPCA Business Board is responsible for, which includes Local Growth Fund, Getting Building Fund and Community Renewal Funding in its pursuit to deliver maximum economic benefit to the region, including specifically:
- Support the co-ordination of the administration and project admin support to the SRO Strategic Funds and the Strategic Funds team.
- To maintain a suite of reporting documents, contract documents, historical and current supporting documentation, monitoring information and evidence of delivery for claims.
- Administration support to gather data to enable the PMO to produce monthly and quarterly monitoring and evaluation reports; Support the Strategic Funds Fund team with planning, meeting and communication support to enable strong team function.
- Work with the CPCA administration and technical support team to coordinate administrative support within Strategic Funds Team and connectivity, collaboration with wider Business and Skills Directorate
- Support Annual Performance Review and Mid-Year Performance Review preparations for MHCLG/BEIS meetings, update post meeting Action Plan and to track actions recorded from the meetings.
- Support monthly reporting of Local Growth Fund team by providing inputs/information into Business Board Chair and supporting Directors and CA Officers to meet Board paper submission deadlines; Support the organisation and preparation of regular update meetings for Strategic Funds Fund team members and wider Business & Skills Directorate.
- Provide administration support around the key strategic CPCA projects such as growth service and University of Peterborough and their associated Delivery Plans.
- Support the team as required with co-ordination of the Local Growth Fund portfolio of projects sections of the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority website, including contributing to Business Board social media activity.
- Arrange monitoring meetings with funded project lead organisations as required for any of the Strategic Funds Team to review and monitor progress of delivery, receive updates on projects, attend launch or other key milestone events, acting as the first point of contact for any queries.
- Full Job description available upon request
Behaviours, Qualifications and Knowledge
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organised
- Highly adaptable – to changing circumstances and demands.
- Collaborative – works productively with peers, team and others.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Proven track record in providing successful coordination support to projects, preferably those supported with Government
- Research and data analysis skills with the ability to create and maintain accurate project records and assimilate information.
- Computer Literate
- Knowledge of Government funding requirements including reporting and appraisal systems.
- The ability to work effectively with others as a competent team member and coordinator to achieve project targets.
- The ability to work under pressure effectively and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and networking skills with confidence in own ability
- Knowledge of effective reporting at strategic levels
- Qualified to A Level or equivalent standard of general education.
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes. This includes processing sensitive data for the purposes of monitoring the CA’s equality and diversity policy. All personal information held by the CPCA will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please contact Sabina Mahmood HR Business Partner 07593 452 255 or email email@example.com
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org