Location:- The Incubator 2, Alconbury Weald, Alconbury.
Salary Range:- £32,000 (pro rata)
Hours:- Flexible ( 4 days a week)
Contract:- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date:- 24th January 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business & Skills Team at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
- To contribute to the objectives of the Fenland & East Cambridgshire Opportunity Area by increasing demand and promoting high quality Apprenticeships that meet the needs of the employer, whilst supporting the ambitions of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority for growth in Apprenticeships and wider Skills.
- To support the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority’s Levy Pooling Service and help facilitate the Levy Pledge and promotion of the STAR Hub, with a particular focus on Fenland & East Cambridgeshire.
- Provide support to Employers and Providers to allow them to utilise the Apprenticeship levy more effectively through levy transfer.
- To be the interface and link between Employers, SME’s, Providers, Schools, College’s and the Combined Authority to ensure a smooth transition between the needs of each partner.
- Actively manage a portfolio of levy paying employers through the Digital Account system, to increase the take up of high quality apprenticeships
- Help employers to understand the impact of the levy on their business and how the levy transfer can support their sector within the region.
- Connect employers and students working closely with the local Skills Brokerage teams. Attending events, networking and careers fairs to actively promote Apprenticeships and the Levy Pooling and Pledge.
- To provide a personalised link to the Apprenticeship Service (AS) working with the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to ensure that Levy Employers and SME’s are fully supported in using the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) including the Find an Apprenticeship search for a provider and standard tool.
- Support the organisation of events and attendance at local events to promote the Levy Pooling service across the Opportunity Area.
- To act as an ambassador for the Opportunity Area programme in Cambridgeshire, communicating the priorities of the programme to employers.
- Showcase and promote the positive outcomes and provide case studies and PR opportunities to promote Apprenticeships and work placements, looking for new opportunities and Ambassadors.
- To ensure CRM records are accurate and up to date for all activity and engagement. Tracking progress for the Levy Pledge, Levy Transfer and number of students progressing onto Apprenticeships, ensuring leads are passed on to the appropriate partner.
- Excellent communicator
- Strong Ambassador for the Combined Authority and the Skills sector
- Highly adaptable - to changing circumstances and demands
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Understanding of Apprenticeships, Vocational Qualifications and the FE sector
- Strong understanding of the particular challenges of Fenland & East Cambridgeshire
- A knowledge of the various skills funding streams
- Experienced in implementing key policy changes
- Good knowledge of the Skills landscape local, regional and national.
- Degree level or equivalent standard of general education