Location: - TBC.
Salary Range: - £34,788 - £36,876
Hours: - Full Time
Contract: - 12 Month FTC
Closing Date: - 14th August 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business & Skills Team at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
As part of our COVID-19 Recovery Programme and to support the launch of our Business Growth Service, this role will provide focussed marketing, business-centric communications, and event management for the Business & Skills Team within The Business Board – the LEP representing Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority.
This role plays a vital part in raising awareness of the range of services and business interventions available in the CPCA area to Businesses, Workers and Learners thereby connecting with our local communities and businesses.
- Creating and coordinating outbound marketing & communications message to our stakeholders, partners and importantly our target audiences
- Using a wide variety of channels to spread these messages
- Leading the delivery of Team events across the area by collaborating with all partners, creating robust plans, sourcing of venues, handling event logistics and subsequent promotion
- Generating pre-event and post-event social media relating to key events and meetings
- Working as part of a team to create and deliver an outstanding suite of creative marketing and event materials, case study materials for websites, social media content and printed publications to connect with target audiences
- Achieve tangible outcomes for the organisation by generating a leadflow of clients and learners to our services
- Managing our digital channels, with support from the wider team, to raise the profile of The Business Board so all our services are as accessible as possible
- Developing and successfully delivering high impact campaigns to raise the awareness and understanding of the work that the Business & Skills team deliver
- Liaising with a wide range of stakeholders including local authorities, businesses, Government departments and other Combined Authorities and LEPs
- Supporting strong internal collaboration across the team
- Reviewing and evaluating KPIs from all key campaigns and social media channels, including providing quarterly reports / dashboard updates
- Ability to effectively lead on the delivery of key elements of the lead generation strategies
- Understanding of great database management and GDPR requirements
- Reviewing and evaluating all coverage (and responding as appropriate), including providing quarterly reports
- Working closely with our Comms Teams colleagues in the Mayor's Office to ensure all downstream positive outcomes are passed to them for Broadcast
- Working closely with the Comms Team colleagues in the Mayor's Office to ensure a consistent tone is delivered
- A "can-do attitude, with a good balance strategic and creative thinking is essential, as no two days will ever be the same in this role.
- The ability to think fast, move smartly and work alongside a dynamic team who are passionate about their services is vital
- Excellent business relationship officer able to identify and navigate to target audiences
- Highly adaptable - to changing circumstances and demands
- Collaborative - works productively with peers, team and others
- Target driven and resilient
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Politically astute with experience of working with multiple partners/clients
- Proactive and positive approach to work
- Self-starter who can work under pressure and deliver results with the ability to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to identify and harness marketing opportunities that can help our team achieve its goals
- A minimum of five years' experience working in marketing and/or PR preferably in a corporate or Business Communications environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound IT skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office
- Excellent proof-reading skills and high levels of accuracy
- Confident at using online platforms and channels such as WordPress, MailChimp, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Confident in using and reporting CRM systems such as HubSpot or SalesForce
- Design skills and experience using InDesign, Canva, Prezi and/or other design and presentation platforms would be advantageous
- Excellent strategic thinking, creative, project management and planning skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a can-do attitude
- Proven track record and demonstrable credibility in developing strong, productive partnerships and relationships with a range of stakeholders at all levels
- Deep experience in Lead-Generation and Pipeline replenishment
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes. This includes processing sensitive data for the purposes of monitoring the CA’s equality and diversity policy. All personal information held by the CPCA will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please contact Sabina Mahmood HR Advisor via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to Sabina Mahmood email@example.com