Salary Range Competitive
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 14th September 2020
Cambridgeshire Autonomous Metro (CAM)
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) is the Transport Authority responsible for transport planning and public transport. It brings together the councils of the area and is led by the elected mayor.
The vision is for an expansive metro-style network that seamlessly connects regional settlements, major city fringe employment sites and key satellite growth areas across the region with key railway stations and Cambridge city centre, helping to nurture and sustain long-term regional economic growth. CAM is currently expected to use a technologically advanced, sustainable, highly flexible trackless electric vehicle.
Development of the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)
Based on the recommendations of the Delivery Sub-Group, the CPCA CEO provided an initial organisational design and governance structure to prepare for the establishment of an SPV to be responsible for delivering the CAM. A visioning exercise was undertaken to clearly articulate the purpose of the SPV, agreeing that, fundamentally:
The CAM will provide a long term environmentally sustainable transport system that:
- Acts Locally by joining up housing and places of employment, levelling up communities and matching infrastructure to the quality of talent across Cambridgeshire
- Impacts Nationally by nurturing our position as a net contributor to the economy
- Attracts Globally by providing the right infrastructure to attract global knowledge intensive businesses
Why join us?
The appointments are based solely on merit creating an environment where businesses flourish by sharing the ambitions of the CPCA. You will have the opportunity to personally make a tangible difference to our area and the economy on a local, national and international stage.
Provide leadership to the SPV and manage senior stakeholder interactions on behalf of the CAM SPV. The Chief Executive will lead the establishment of an innovative, high-performance leadership team and organisation to deliver the CAM programme to quality, cost and schedule. Act as a champion for the CAM vision and objectives, both internally and externally. Formulate and deliver the business plan in agreement with the Board.
- Hold the role of Accounting Officer of the SPV
- Formulate, agree with the SPV Board and drive the delivery of the strategy for the SPV and aligned business plan
- Deliver the CAM Programme to time, budget and quality, and deliver associated benefits to SPV stakeholders aligned to the Business Case
- Be accountable for overall SPV performance and reporting to the SPV Board and the CPCA
- Expansive, creative business thinker - thinks outside 'tried and tested' models or approaches
- Exceptional communicator and relationship - builder that generates confidence in colleagues, members and senior business stakeholders
- Strong political awareness - able to assimilate and navigate political context with skill
A full job description will be made available to applicants invited to interview.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality and we encourage applications from all sections of society.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please contact Jon Boyle and Florian De Cormis (Redgrave consultants) on CAM@redgravepartners.com
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org