Location: Initially working from home (as per Gov guidance) TBC (Cambridgeshire area)
Hours: Full Time (9-5pm)
Contact: Fixed Term to 30 September 2023
Closing Date: 22nd January (COB)
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Growth Co Ltd
To manage the ERDF Funded Inward Investment Service projects and the ESF Funded Skills Talent Apprenticeship & Recruitment (STAR) Hub project to completion in September 2023
To manage the relationship with sub-contractors procured to deliver the service delivery elements of named projects.
To manage the Inward Investment Service contract team including the Growth Coaching/ROAR Service and Inward Investment Service Programme Coordinator post and the STAR Hub contract team including the STAR Hub Project Coordinator post.
- Lead on the development and management of the ERDF funded Inward Investment Service and the ESF STAR Hub Project
- Contracts manage sub-contracted provision in related Service delivery lines, working closely with sub-contractors to ensure project outputs and outcomes are delivered in line with approved budget and aligns to ESIF requirements
- Ensure contract compliance from the sub-contractors and manage their performance to ensure all project outcomes are achieved
- Take the necessary day-to-day decisions to ensure the effective running of the project and management of risks in line with the contractual requirements set out in both the ERDF and ESF grant agreement and sub-contractors
- Working with sub-contractors ensure that all ERDF and ESF reporting and accounting requirements are met, including all responsibilities in relation CPCA and EU audits
- Establish, implement, monitor and develop appropriate data requirements and flows to ensure the good running, monitoring and evaluation of the project. Work with sub-contractors to develop
- A structured, disciplined approach to capturing and recording evidence and outputs, in line with ESIF requirements and GDPR regulations
- Track performance of the project against planned outputs and work with sub-contractors and CPCA to plan remedial action as required
- Act as an advocate, working with local stakeholders to effectively represent and promote both projects to external and internal audiences
- Be responsible for the strategic development of the projects and related initiatives over time, including horizon scanning and business development to identify suitable Project exit strategies, with the intention of continued delivery of the projects once the funded projects are completed
- Lead strategic engagement with stakeholders identifying exemplars of good practice and encouraging them to engage and support the delivery of outcomes of the Business Growth Service
- Excellent communicator
- Strong Ambassador for the Business support and Inward Investment
- Highly adaptable - to changing circumstances and demands
- Collaborative - works productively with peers, team and others
- Motivated - driven by personal and organisational achievement
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Successful track record of managing and delivering scale projects which cross organisation and service boundaries
- Expertise in effective outcome-based performance reporting at a strategic level
- Strategic awareness
- Excellent understanding of performance management frameworks and tools in the delivery of business objectives
- Excellent understanding of the regional skills agenda
- Significant ability to be an Ambassador for the Combined Authority in the region and nationally for Inward Investment and Business Support
- Good knowledge of ESIF funding requirements including reporting and appraisal systems
- Degree level or equivalent standard of general education
The role has been part funded through the European Regional Development (ERDF) and European Social Fund (ESF)
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, Growth Co Ltd reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes. This includes processing sensitive data for the purposes of monitoring the CP Growth Co. Equality and diversity policy. All personal information held by the CP Growth Co Ltd will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Growth Company Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please contact Sabina Mahmood HR Business Partner on 07593 452 255 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to email@example.com