Location: Ely/home based
Salary Range: £35,745 - £39,880
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term Contract (1 year)
Closing Date: 10th December 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Communications Team at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
The communications advisor will work within the communications team and manage communications and engagement for the Combined Authority, including public relations, marketing, stakeholder engagement and raise the profile of the ongoing portfolio work, priorities and strategic agenda of the Combined Authority and the elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- Work with the head of communications and communications team to help deliver the digital, communications and engagement strategy
- Handle all aspects of external communications. Examples include preparing press releases, planning and delivering digital, communications and engagement campaigns, creating social media content and building relationships with media and other external stakeholders and partners
- Work closely with Combined Authority officers, partners and within the Mayor's Office, to seek and foster opportunities for communications which will help deliver the communications strategy
- Be encouraged to demonstrate their creative thinking, ideas sharing and proactive planning to come up with outstanding communications content
- Regular and accurate reporting of comms work
Qualifications and Knowledge
- At least two years experience in PR, communications or journalism
- A track record of delivering high quality content under the pressure of deadlines and to work flexibility with demands
- A track record of project management of multiple communication projects
- Experience of building relationships with the media, and an ability to promote content to them to secure coverage. Or, if working in the media, to have experience of building relationships with key contacts to deliver compelling content
- Experience of working with external partners
- Demonstrable experience and understanding how to create content to suit a range of media, including print and online, social media, digital and other communications channels
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to produce clear, accurate and engaging content across a range of media
- Be comfortable working to tight deadlines and monitoring the news and other media to provide proactive and reactive communications and content in a timely manner
- Remaining calm under pressure
- A reputation for being a self-starter, and someone who has a record of creativity and turning ideas into opportunities for compelling content or communications
- Experience of planning, undertaking and evaluation communications strategies
- A professional qualification in communications, journalism or PR
- Work within a political environment where the communications advisor will demonstrate political awareness in all aspects of the role
- Knowledge of communications, PR crm management tools such as Hubspot and Meltwater
- Data base management and good GDPR knowledge
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes. This includes processing sensitive data for the purposes of monitoring the CA’s equality and diversity policy. All personal information held by the CPCA will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
Please submit CVs with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org