Location: Incubator 2, Alconbury Weald
Salary Range: £51,622 - £56,682
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 17th February 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business & Skills Team at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
Lead on preparing areas of the statement of accounts and disclosure notes for the CPCA and its subsidiaries, and being the primary point of contact in the coordination of the external audit of the accounts, building effective working relationships with the external auditors
Working collaboratively and flexibly with the CPCA Finance team, particularly in the coordination and communication of the accounts closure processes, to achieve year end deadlines
Supporting projects relating to the accounts closure such as the implementation of the CPCA’s finance system.
Establish a timetable for, and co-ordinate input from, the CPCA Finance team to enable delivery of the annual Budget and Medium-Term Financial Plan according to the annual budget setting cycle.
Day to day management of the CPCA’s cashflows and identification of Treasury Management deals in line with the Treasury Management Strategy.
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional communicator and relationship-builder
- Highly adaptable - to changing circumstances and demands
- Acutely political aware
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Possess the necessary qualifications and experience to carry out the functions associated with the post (CCAB Qualified Accountant)
- Excellent knowledge of Local Government accounting requirements
- Ability to communicate authoritatively, and appropriately in verbal and written form with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels in particular presenting complex financial data to non-finance staff.
- Excellent organisational skills and expertise in managing projects involving multi-disciplinary stakeholders and groups.
- Understanding of financial strategy and planning, regulations, policies and professional best practice
Work in partnership with businesses, the private sector and with national and local public sector organisations to coordinate delivery of the CA’s strategic and spatial plans including:
- Employers and representative groups in key sectors
- National Government
- Local Public Service Organisations