Affordable homes at Alconbury Weald continue to be completed
A number of units at Parcel 6 in Alconbury Weald have now been completed and are already occupied, with the remainder of the site due for completion in December 2023.
The site is made up of a total of 94 homes, and 44 units have been completed to date. Of these 44, 35 are rented and 9 are shared ownership. In total, 94 homes made up of 63 houses and 31 apartments will be on the site, 29 of which will be allocated as shared ownership, with the remaining homes offered at a discounted rent for essential workers.
Speaking of the ongoing work, Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Dr Nik Johnson said: “It is truly fantastic to see this site at Alconbury Weald growing, and to see all of the families moving in and settling in to their new community. It is vital that we support our essential workers who have historically been priced out of the market for home ownership or rent, and homes like this ensure that they can afford to both live and work in the area.”
- On the road again! Multiply bus tour promoting free courses to improve number confidence
- Experienced local Government leader appointed as Chief Executive of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority
- New A1260 footbridge completed and ready for active travel
- Huntingdon and St Ives win last Market Towns pot with culture, community, and business bid
- Local Energy Advice Demonstrator competition launches to fund innovative energy-advice projects
- Combined Authority Board agree the full business case for the Transport Model