Business Bulletin: Issue Number 43
Business that can and cannot open now Peterborough has been placed in Tier 4
As a response to a rapid rise in infections attributed to the rapid spread of a new variant 0of COVID-19, tougher restrictions have been introduced for Peterborough, with a new Tier 4: ‘Stay at Home’ alert level, that came into force at 00:01 hrs Sunday 20 December 2020.
For business, those that can, should work from home. Where people cannot work from home, they should still travel to work, for example, in the construction and manufacturing sectors.
The following businesses must close:
- Non-essential retail – these venues can continue to be able to operate click-and-collect and delivery service
- Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs; with the exception of providing food and drink for takeaway (until 11pm), click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery
- Accommodation such as hostels, guest houses and campsites, except for specific circumstances
- Leisure centres and indoor gyms, indoor swimming pools, indoor sports courts, indoor fitness and dance studios, indoor riding centres, and indoor climbing walls
- Entertainment venues such as theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, casinos, amusement arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, skating rinks, go-karting venues
- Indoor play and soft play centres
- Personal care facilities
The following businesses can remain open:
- Essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, building merchants and suppliers of building products and off-licences
- Market stalls selling essential retail
- Petrol stations, automatic (but not manual) car washes, vehicle repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses
- Banks, building societies, post offices, short-term loan providers and money transfer businesses]
- Funeral directors
- Laundrettes and dry cleaners
- Medical and dental services
- Vets and pet shops
- Agricultural supplies shops
- Mobility and disability support shops
- Outdoor playgrounds
- Outdoor gym, pools, sports courts and facilities
- Golf courses
- Outdoor riding centres
Coronavirus business support
During these unprecedented times the Combined Authority’s Growth Hub is on hand to support businesses across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
If you’re concerned about the impact that COVID-19 might have on your business, we are here to help you navigate the latest government information and provide specialist advice.
You can call the Growth Hub on 01480 277923 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support is available to employers and the self-employed, including sole traders and limited company directors.
You may be eligible for loans, tax relief and cash grants, whether your business is open or closed.
Businesses and self employed people can also use the government’s new coronavirus business support finder tool to quickly and easily determine what financial support is available to them.