Combined Authority announces Care Leaver’s Covenant Sign Up
We are thrilled to announce that we have officially signed up to the Care Leaver’s Covenant.
By joining the Care Leavers Covenant, we’re taking a step towards a more equitable future, where every young person has access to opportunities and resources that help them reach their full potential.
What is the Care Leavers Covenant?
The Care Leavers Covenant is an initiative that focuses on creating better opportunities and support for young people who have experienced time in the care system. It aims to ensure that care leavers have the same life chances as their peers and that they receive the support they need to thrive in adulthood. We’re proud to stand with this cause and play our part in this vital mission.
What does that mean for the Combined Authority?
As a Combined Authority, we are committed to:
- providing a Care Leavers Bursary for Care Leavers aged 19-22, who are resident in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and enrolled on a course funded by us.
- Independent and impartial careers advice and guidance through the National Careers Service.
- Provide work experience and apprenticeship opportunities ourselves and broker opportunities from local businesses.
- As an employer, we have signed up to become a care leaver friendly employer.
- We will offer guaranteed interviews when Care Leavers meet the minimum criteria.
Please see this page for more information.