Home  > Housing > Affordable Housing > Combined Authority signs, seals and delivers on 110 new affordable homes for the region

Combined Authority signs, seals and delivers on 110 new affordable homes for the region


Combined Authority signs, seals and delivers on 110 new affordable homes for the region

A further 110 new affordable homes have been completed across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to help families whose needs are not met by the current housing market.

The new units, which have been funded through the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority’s affordable housing programme, have been finished within the last financial quarter and many of them have now been occupied.

Working closely with various developers and private funding schemes, the Combined Authority is working closely to targets from the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) to unlock additional affordable housing.

The new affordable homes have been completed in amongst the following sites: 

  • 35 shared ownership homes with Heylo Housing at Alconbury Weald; Judith Gardens in Huntingdonshire; Pemberton Park in Witchford; Sandpit Road in Thorney and All Angels in Highfields, Caldecote.
  • 22 affordable homes, including rent to buy with Crest Nicholson at Alconbury Weald, through Rentplus.
  • 16 affordable homes with Cambridge Housing Society (CHS), comprising 11 affordable rent and 5 shared ownership at Wicken, Cambridgeshire.
  • 15 affordable rental homes with Platform Housing at Great Whyte.
  • A further 19 units with Crest Nicholson at Alconbury Weald, Parcel 6.

85% of the homes are offered through the Shared Ownership Scheme which gives first time buyers and those that do not currently own a home the opportunity to purchase a share in a new build or resales property. The other 15% are rented at below market rent by the registered provider, enabling people to save for a deposit or purchase a home sooner.

Mayor of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough, Dr Nik Johnson:

“The Combined Authority is about making a difference to the communities of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and here our affordable homes programme is delivering for those too often forgotten people who up until now have not been able to get on the property ladder. We know the difference good quality affordable homes makes to the wellbeing of people; to their life chances; their aspirations, and their health. We have built homes that people are bringing up families in, enjoying living in and we continue to have a housing programme that is about building homes for more residents where they need them. As the Mayor and Chair of the Combined Authority Board, our focus is on addressing long term inequalities and make this a focus of the Levelling Up agenda in our area. It is crucial that we continue to deliver on our affordable and social housing programme to ensure no one is priced out of the region and the many opportunities that surround them.”

Roger Thompson, director of housing and development at the combined authority, said:

“We are delighted to be delivering a mix of shared ownership and affordable rental units with different delivery partners in a variety of locations around the combined authority area. We are looking forward to seeing more housing completions in the near future.”