Combined Authority statement on Funding for Active Travel
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority and the Mayor were made aware of the letter from the Department for Transport about cycling and walking funding on Friday 30th July. We are fundamentally committed to cycling and walking, particularly in relation to the Mayor’s key principles of compassion, cooperation and community, and the huge benefits of active travel for improved public health.
We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure that the funding comes to the Combined Authority area, and are working with our partners at Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council to make that happen. We are engaging with the Department for Transport and others to understand the further assurances required and will make a more formal statement once this information is clarified.
- On the road again! Multiply bus tour promoting free courses to improve number confidence
- Experienced local Government leader appointed as Chief Executive of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority
- New A1260 footbridge completed and ready for active travel
- Huntingdon and St Ives win last Market Towns pot with culture, community, and business bid
- Local Energy Advice Demonstrator competition launches to fund innovative energy-advice projects
- Combined Authority Board agree the full business case for the Transport Model