About the project
The Future Fens Integrated Adaptation (FFIA) project brings together many different but key sectors, organisations and people into a partnership that builds on the strategic work across sectors, aiming to draw on international experience to lead, develop and deliver a truly integrated water management approach for the area.
This initiative is being led by funding partners Anglian Water, the Environment Agency, Water Resources East and the Combined Authority, with the support of more than 40 organisations from a wide range of sectors and has the aim to:
- Protect and enhance the environment
- Maintain much-needed food security
- Develop new water resources to help meet future needs
- Alleviate risks from drought and flood
- Lock carbon in natural systems
- Enable greater Investment to a region that includes some of the UK’s most deprived areas.