The Combined Authority Board is chaired by the elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. The purpose of the Board is to ensure that the decisions and actions of the Combined Authority deliver key outcomes for the people of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Who are the Combined Authority Board?
The Combined Authority Board is chaired by the elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and consists of the leaders of the seven constituent councils, the chair of the Business Board and co-opted members: the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Police & Crime Commissioner and representatives from the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Fire Authority and the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group.
The purpose of the Board is to ensure that the decisions and actions of the Combined Authority deliver key outcomes for the people of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
We are a lean and effective local authority. We deliver practical, ambitious projects that increase wellbeing and economic growth across the region, levelling up and empowering the North of Cambridgeshire while building on and accelerating the ambition and international reputation of the South.
Our key ambitions for the Combined Authority include:
- doubling the size of the local economy
- delivering outstanding and much needed connectivity in terms of transport and digital links providing the UK’s most technically skilled workforce
- growing international recognition for our knowledge-based economy
- improving the quality of life by tackling areas suffering from deprivation.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority receives funding and powers from Central Government, which the Mayor and the Combined Authority Board oversee. In 2021 the Combined Authority have been successful on bids from government totalling over £40m, this includes £20m of Levelling Up funding, £13.8m of Getting Building funding, almost £4.3, for 30 ZEBRA buses, almost £3.4m of Community Renewal funding and £2.9m of active travel funding.
The money we direct for you includes:
- Accelerating Start-ups, Scale-Ups & Set-Ups – Through Start-up & Growth Finance & Advice LGF
- Amount Awarded £27,096,363
- Jobs Created (Forecast) 14,605
- Accelerating Hi-Tech Jobs Growth – Through Innovation & Incubation Centres
- Amount Awarded £23,073,882
- Jobs Created (Forecast) 7,930
- Retraining & Upskilling for New Jobs – Through Improved Education Capacity
- Amount Awarded £30,822,048
- Jobs Created (Forecast) 15,061
- Accelerating Recovery in Construction – Through Transport Infrastructure Improvements
- Amount Awarded £62,120,000
- Jobs Created (Forecast) 2,600
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority Board hold meetings once every two months.
These meetings are public; while in-person meetings are restricted by Covid-19, the Combined Authority Board meets publicly on Zoom.
You can see the upcoming meetings of the board in the Meeting Calendar, and look back at the papers, decision summaries and minutes here.