The following documents, strategies and articles are relevant to the production of the Local Transport Plan. A short description of each document and a link is provided below.
- Interim Local Transport Plan: This document was created and adopted by the Combined Authority in June 2017, to ensure compliance with its statutory duty to provide a Local Transport Plan. By necessity, this document is an amalgamation of the individual Local Transport Plans produced previously by Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council. Find out more here.
- Mayoral Interim Transport Strategy Statement: This statement has clarified the Combined Authority’s transport priorities until the new Local Transport Plan is adopted. This statement guides the development of the Local Transport Plan and provides direction for transport projects that are underway or soon to be developed, to ensure that they will align with the strategic framework that will emerge from the Local Transport Plan. Find out more here.
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Independent Economic Review (CPIER): The purpose of the report is to create a single strategic position to help the greater Cambridgeshire and Peterborough area consider the case for greater fiscal devolution and powers to unlock the delivery of major infrastructure, including showing how the area delivers benefits to the rest of UK. It evidences the fast rate of economic and employment growth in the region and highlights the importance of planning now to ensure that strong growth will be sustainable and more inclusive. Find out more here.
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Strategic Spatial Framework (Non- Statutory): The framework brings together the current growth ambitions of the area and how the Combined Authority can support local jobs and housing growth ambitions set out in Local Plans to 2036. This report will act as a baseline for developing a strategic spatial approach for growth beyond 2031/36 (probably to 2050). Find out more here.
- Department for Transport Guidance on Local Transport Plans: The statutory guidance to support local transport authorities in producing Local Transport Plans can be found here.
- Notice of intention to consider franchising: In January 2019 the CPCA Board approved the development of business cases for a range of operational models for bus delivery in the region that are available to the authority under the Bus Service Act 2017. The notice is a requirement of the Act before work on this assessment can start.
- Future Mobility Zones Fund & Appendix: This application is for the creation of a single Future Mobility Zone (FMZ)