The Fengate area of Peterborough is growing rapidly, and work is needed to ease existing traffic and create capacity for more commuter, public transport and general road use.
Why is it important?
- Traffic jams and delays are already very common
- Accidents are common
- Developments are happening in the area to create more jobs and businesses, so the road will get even busier
- We want to link up public transport and active travel options across the region
What difference will it make?
Improving Fengate road layouts is expected to:
- reduce accidents in the area
- improve traffic and delays
- help to support new housing and jobs in the area
- work with developers to ensure roads are up to standard both for access and for traffic moving past the area
What happens next?
We are working towards the Full Business Case.
On the current timetable, as long as the project is approved at each stage, work is likely to begin in at the end of 2021 and complete by the end of 2022.
When do I have a say?
Where Can I learn more?
The Strategic Outline Business Case is the technical document that lays out the current thinking and plans for the project.
Putting compassion, co-operation and community at the heart of reinven…
£100,000 grant for Peterborough Embankment masterplan will support de…
Two schemes announced to help young people into better careers
Extra £20 million of Government funding could be used to boost ARU Pe…